Training & Placement Cell (TPC)
SBIT is a platform of committed community having spirit of creativity and commitment. The Institute is committed not only to create academic excellence among its students but also focus on their placement. In the fast changing technological scenario the industries have little time to focus on fresh man power requirement, therefore it becomes mandatory for the institution to design a successful policy in this regard. As a part of the efforts to develop and strengthen the relationship with the corporate world, SBIT has delineated long-term strategy to place its students in prestigious organizations. The goal is to help build a long - term career with leading organizations and not just place the students. It is an integral part of the institute. The institute has provided complete infrastructure for effective functioning of the cell.
A well organized training and placement cell is functioning in the Institution with a fulltime dedicated Training and Placement Officer, who is from IIT and has long experience in industry - both private and PSU. He maintains a consistent communication with the leading companies for placement of the students. The training deals with making the student feel confident and develop both leadership as well as a managerial quality. The department has developed a work-plan, which includes lectures by the specialist in public speaking, confidence building, stress and time management and attitudinal development.
The Placement Cell provides helps students with:
- Industrial Training: 6 week's summer training at the end of IV and VI semester which is compulsory as a part of BE/B.Tech degree curriculum according to University rule.
- Industrial Tour: It also arranges the industrial tour for the students to broaden their
knowledge about industry where some may get job and some may open their own industry.
- Technical Training: - At SBIT we conduct workshop and seminars on latest technology from time to time for the students for their Technical Skill Enhancement. Hand-on Workshops are organised and conducted by professional within the campus. This help student to cope up with the latest need of industry and learn beyond their course curriculum.
- Technical Test Training: Qualifying the technical test is an important part of the Recruitment process. We conduct training for preparation of these tests and schedule multiple mock tests semester-wise for the students. Student is well prepared and confident before he sits down for actual placement test.
- Aptitude Test Training: Aptitude Test comes as a part of preliminary stage of the recruitment test. It is another important part of the placement process to qualify. Panel of experts at placement department conduct sessions on training the students to qualify these tests. Tricks and tact’s to attempt and qualify are taught to the students.
- Personality Development Training: - Personality speaks before you and your knowledge. At SBIT we work on your overall grooming and personality development. Sessions on related development are exercised throughout student’s degree program. Students are trained on their Soft Skills, Body Language Skills, Interview Etiquettes, Dressing Skills, and Gesture Understanding etc.
- Executive Communication Training: Communication plays a very vital role in student’s placement. To have an excellent communication skill is the need of industry and right placement opportunity. SBIT placement cell helps student polish their skills by engaging themselves with multiple activities spread over their graduation years and inculcated with their course curriculum. Group Discussions, Panel Discussions, Project Presentations, Intra & Inter- College Competitions, SBIT Club Activities are part of these engagement programs